Family and Individual Immigration

If you would like to become a US citizen, you must go through the naturalization process.

If you are a US citizen who is engaged to or has married a foreign national, your spouse may be able to get a green card. The filing process can be time-consuming and confusing, but getting legal help can make it much easier.

Family petitions can be used to bring spouses, children, sons and daughters, parents, siblings or fiancés to the United States. Different family relationships entitle the individual to different immigration benefits.

Gay Marriage and Green Cards

Due to recent changes in the law in the United States, same sex couples may now apply for the same immigration benefits available to heterosexual couples.

LGBT Asylum

If you have faced persecution for your sexual orientation, you may be able to apply for asylum in the US.

If you are from Cuba and have lived in the US for at least a year, have been admitted or paroled, and are admissible as an immigrant, you may be able to get a green card through the CAA.

If you are a conditional resident of the United States because of a marriage, you can use Form I-751 to remove the conditions of your residency.

If you or your loved one has been a victim of a serious crime and are willing to work with law enforcement to help hold the people who harmed you legally responsible, you may be able to obtain a U visa to stay in the US. These visas were created to make it easier for law enforcement to protect victims and prosecute serious crimes, including human trafficking, sexual assault, and domestic violence.

The Violence Against Women Act provides certain protections for victims of domestic violence.

The T visa provides victims of human trafficking with the opportunity to remain in the United States.

Children who are in the United States and unable to be reunited with their parents may be able to get a Green Card as an SIJ. Children who get a green card as an SIJ can stay in the US and work but are not able to petition to bring their parents or siblings to the United States.

If you have suffered persecution in your home country for race, religion, nationality, membership in a social group or political opinions you may qualify for asylum in the US.

If you are in the United States and the Secretary of Homeland Security decides it is no longer safe for you to return home, you may apply for TPS allowing you to stay in the US and work until the decision prohibiting you from returning home is lifted.

If you have obtained DACA, we can help apply to renew your DACA status.

NACARA allows certain individuals to remain in the US based on several different criteria including the fact that you must be from a select number of countries, have lived in the US for at least 7 years at the time of your application and your removal would pose an extreme hardship for your family.

Deferred action is a discretionary relief provided to people who are otherwise deportable, or have a final order of deportation, but for humanitarian reasons need to stay a bit longer to manage their affairs. It is temporary in nature, adjudicated on a case-by-case basis, and can be granted by the local USCIS district director. It is commonly known as Deferred Enforced Departure, or deferral of removal.